MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #50
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajk822 View Post
He knew something was going on, but according to many many people he didn't know how severe the actions that took place were. One of the prosecutors has said that McQueary's statement to Paterno was rather vague and he never had a full grasp of the situation.

Do you have it in your head that McQuery told Paterno and then Paterno did nothing? Because that's the way you're blaming him. If his bosses tell the police like they're supposed to then Joe Paterno is being LAUDED for what he did.

My point is we do not know what he knew, and as such he didn't deserve to be fired in the manner he was. We also don't know if his bosses lied to him when he tried to follow up. One of the men charged with covering this up was the de facto head of police, so why would Paterno not assume he had gone to the police? And if they were willing to lie to a grand jury, why not to Paterno. THAT is what I'm saying.
Really? It's Joe Paterno and Penn State. I'll say it again. Paterno is the most influental man there. It's very naive to think he didn't know.

"How severe the actions that took place were"? Cat9 put it very good. There are just no excuses. The bottom line is he knew about a man, who was a involved in a organization with underpriviledged kids, and he was caught doing something inproper. Enough said.

Joe "would be LAUDED" if he would do the same thing any decent man would? Yes, like I said, some people are treated like gods.

When Sadunsky just keeps on poppin up at the campus day after day, week after week, year after year. Maybe even the great Paterno might wonder at this point; "hmmm, maybe the police doesn't know about this". Just a thought.

Who the hell cares about one football game when these things have happened??? Who the hell cares if a rich football coach is denied the opportunity to coach for one more game when these things have happened??? No one except of those so called intellectuals who are rioting.

Last edited by Mr.Michael : 11-11-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote