MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - DTT Managers Thread 2011

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #153
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Having read the last 30 posts, I see that we may need to sort out the low manager numbers first!

I am willing to take on tournaments, but unfortunately I have not been very reliable the last 12-18 months. Things are a bit better for me now, but I do still have troubles with sleeping, sometimes I oversleep for hours and that is not good if trying to manage DTT/TT. I manage PAW/FITD and Suicide Tennis as I know it is not as time dependent as DTT/TT and I dont like to do a bad job.

I am always happy to be an assistant also... I usually find when someone has posted they need an assistant in the thread, someone else has offered before I get the chance to read it. So if anyone needs an assistant, if you send me a PM, I will answer within about 12-24 hours.

One way to maybe get more people managing is to have 2 managers for a tournament. If 2 people are in different timezones then it might be easier if one does the OOP, schedule and the other person posts differences.
For instance I can usually post the OOP for Asian tournaments and Americas tournaments, but not for European/African. Whereas I could easily post the diffs for Europe/Africa, but not for Asian tournaments. Also a buddy system might help people ease into managing the tournaments. It's a lot less frightening if you have a buddy who helps with scores and updates, etc.

Gav, I saw this week in Paris that scoobs was helping you out and you had allowed them access to update your posts. How did you do that? That could be helpful here.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote