MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do you Serbs regret ideas of Milosovic?

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #32
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Serbs regret ideas of Milosovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I mean in general. What do they think of that time, and do they believe the war was going to happen any way. Or that Milosovic and others had influence in creating hate and violence. Like, was there a possibility of preventing hate and violence with other leaders and ideas? Was there a definite political and social opposition who was telling people to adopt more tolerant ideas, do they regret not joining it now?
You should read "Bridge on the Drina" and "Black Lamb and Grey Falcon." They will give you a proper perspective of the hatred that bubbles beneath the surface in that particular region, particularly Bosnia and Croatia.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Milosevic had a minimal influence in creating or propagating hatred. The hatred existed before and especially after WWII and could only be suppressed by force, a la Tito. When the rule of law broke down during wartime, people took "justice" into their own hands and started avenging grudges from WWII and even before.

The fault for all of this lies with the fact that Tito and his band of Croat-Slovene communists decided to fabricate history. They invented "Brotherhood and Unity," thinking that people would really buy into it. Those who aligned with the Nazis - primarily Croats, but also Muslims and Albanians - were never denazified, so they remained fixed in their former attitudes.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote