MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do you Serbs regret ideas of Milosovic?

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Serbs regret ideas of Milosovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
could not be more wrong. truth is that there were extreme-far-right Orthodox Christian Greek lunatics (including Archbishop Serafeim) who supported Serb war criminals. also, extreme-far-right Orthodox Christian Greek lunatic volunteers participated in Srebrenica massacre. but, the vast majority of Greek population do feel ashamed, humiliated and guilty for what those extreme-far-right Orthodox Christian lunatic Greeks have done.

Greeks were truly objected and completely opposed to NATO bombardment of Serbia and the intervention of NATO in the Balkans. opinion polls conducted in the middle of April 1999 showed Greeks to be 98% against the bombing. meanwhile the Greek government supported the NATO action...
Your post is contradictory. If mainstream Greek views were in line with the first part of your post, they would hardly be 98% opposed to the bombing. The bombing campaign was constructed on a false image of the conflicts, in which there was a predatory invading genocidal aggressor on one side and innocent helpless victims on the other. That picture was misleading and false and I suspect that that was the perspective embraced by many, if not most, Greeks. From my experience with Greek Americans, admittedly limited, their views are also not generally in line with the first part of your post.

From wikipedia:

Quote:
Several polls were conducted, of which revealed that 99.5% of the Greek population were completely opposed to the bombing, with 85% believing Nato's motives were strategic and not humanitarian.[25] 69% wanted Bill Clinton tried for war crimes, while 52% opposed the admittance of Kosovo Albanian refugees to Greece
Takis Michas is the main figure in the Greeks-as-Srebrenica-perpetrators story. While I understand that perspective a bit, I think it is absurd to consider it without taking into account that probably 10-100 times as many Muslim volunteers (as Greek volunteers) were brought into Bosnia by Izetbegovic to hack off heads and other body parts of Serbs and Croats. I am not one of those people who would elevate Srebrenica above any other atrocity of the war, because I realize full well that it has been thoroughly propagandized and abused as a political instrument, and am therefore suspect of much of what has been said on the matter. And frankly I am more scandalized by a number of other atrocities (perpetrated by Serbs, Croats, Muslims, and Albanians) that happened in those conflicts.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote