MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Vasek Pospisil

Thread: Vasek Pospisil
View Single Post

Old 10-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #623
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

- 3-4* to *4-4
- four separate BPs at 5-6*, saving a few SPs

- 3-0* to *3-3
- in the TB, 2-0* / *2-1 / *2-2, *3-4 / *3-5

He wasn't happy with some line calls and started to look a bit listless on return after losing the lead in the 2nd. All in all, I don't think he played poorly. Besides the low % of 1st serving, Vashy did what he was supposed to do and Seppi was solid enough to draw errors on important points.

Anyway, I think he needs to improve his BH (drive/top spin) more than anything else to take the next step. He uses slice BH quite often, but it's nothing but purely depensive shot. It may be helpful to stay in rallies though, to me, it's too floaty and lacks the nastiness to be a effective shot on the main tour. Oh, and he got burned by dropshot several times in the 1st, as he tends to stand a bit too far behind the baseline.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote