MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - During what time period did agassi play his best tennis?

View Single Post

Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
country flag mark73

mark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default During what time period did agassi play his best tennis?

Interesting question I think because his career overlaps with the career of so many all time greats. From Mcenroe/lendl to Federer/Nadal. Some people might think the answer to this question can help us compare the greatness of players from different generations.

Does anyone know if Agassi was asked this question? Obviously he knows best.

Personally. I'm not sure, but I do believe that he played SOME of his best tennis from 1999 right up until 2005. I think although older he was certainly more motivated than he was for much of the 90's and generally fitter as well. For much of the 90's I think he was underachieving. Simply less motivated. On the other hand he was quicker in the 80's and most of the 90's.

Any thoughts?
mark73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote