MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Why was (is) Federer such a bad matchup for Roddick?

View Single Post

Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #13
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why was (is) Federer such a bad matchup for Roddick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Federer has a harder time returning Nadal's serve in contrast to Roddick, for the obvious reasons..........Roddick's placement is in almost the same exact spots each and every time with the occasional body serve......at least with Nadal he'll go for the line, the middle, or out wide. As simple as that.
Wait, what? Did I really read this right? From the matches I have seen Nadal serves to the Federer BH at least about 90% of the time... I am not sure about this mix up you speak of from Nadal.
And its not just Federer, Nadal serves around 80% of his serves to any players BH side... its actually quite funny to see him do that constantly to the Djoko BH and get burned... and when he tries serving to the FH side he either DFs or throws on in the middle of the box...

I am sorry but as much as I think Roddick SUCKS... Roddick still has better placement on his serves than Nadal...
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote