MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis ball repressurizer

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
country flag sernik

sernik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Tennis ball repressurizer

Hi guys! Great idea!
I have been playing competitively once a week (only than I'm using new balls-2 cans) for last 7 moths.
I'm using 8 (3 capacity)pressurisers to extend the life of the balls. I'm rotating the containers in such way that each set is stored for 4 weeks, according to the directions on the devices.I'm using sticky notes with dates on each can.After 2 rotations however the felt is usually gone and they start to go "flat" much faster because the structure of the rubber is damage as well.I calculated my total net savings for first year (after deducting the initial cost of the cans) to be $ 50.Next year and there after should be aprox. $ 150
It is cumbersome however to keep track of it.
Speeding up the process could be possible by increasing the pressure in the cans but it will be difficult to calculate the proper amount in order to not overpressurize the balls.In addition each manufacturer uses slightly different materials, thickness and pressure.Gamma balls are filled with hydrogen.Very high pressure will also damage the rubber structure causing the balls to go "flat" much faster or even complete collapse of the balls.
This is my 2 cents.
Good luck, I hope you come up with something more user friendly.I'll be the first to purchase it.

P.S.
Or may be we all should boycott all of them and play with Tretorns till they make-em last longer?
sernik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote