MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl)

View Single Post

Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #773
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player/Coach Changes (Stani/Lundgren split, Toni/Rafa speculation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
The slammed fist is one event that sticks out to me, but I've seen him often enough to say that he gets easily irritable if things don't go his way. He was happy as a clam last year, but he's a completely different man this year for obvious reasons. Seems like a dude that you don't want to get on his bad side.
I had this impression of him before, but after reading Nadal's book I'm positive his father is a calm and positive energy in his life. He has very high esteem and regard for his dad, and he speaks of him as the one member in his family that gets things done and finds solutions to Rafa's problems. When Rafa went through his bleakest period after discovering a genetic malformation of his left foot, and was told by the doctors that he would never play pro tennis again, it was his dad who looked up everywhere for a solution and his dad who cheered Rafa up and helped him recover psychologically. It gives me the impression Rafa values his dad's input in his career more than Toni's.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote