MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup thread

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #69
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
Great start from Japan, and it's a nice surprise win from Sugita not knowing his history against Somdev.
And to win it in straight sets!

Enjoy and hope you'll get some great matches.

Btw, bunny do you know of any live streams for the Japen vs India tie? I didn't see any from the usual livescorehunter.
Would be great to be able to watch both singles and doubles, I'm quite fascinated with the doubles rubber if Kei plays.
Looks like Ito and Sugita will play doubles, according to the captain Takeuchi's quote on the JTA site. You know what, as you know, this is a very important tie that Japan may be able to return to the World Group for the first time in 27 years, and THERE'S NO TV BROADCAST!
This is how tennis is treated in Japan. People may know Kimiko, Kei, Shuzo, Ai, et al, but only hardcore tennis fans have seen them play. ...Well, it was a bit different when Kimiko and Shuzo were playing at their peak, there were more TV coverage. But now it's only two paid channels (WOWOW and GAORA) that air tennis regularly. Even public broadcaster NHK doesn't bother with tennis except during Wimbledon.

So we have to rely on streaming to watch our player play in our country! I was at work yesterday during the matches and I'm in office today too so I can't watch doubles either but I guess there will be some live streaming on LiveScoreHunter, FromSports, etc? Will post the link if I find any on Japanese sites.

Also, apparently Devvarman had a shoulder problem during the match yesterday, so that probably contributed to the outcome. He'll probably sit out the doubles too to be ready vs Kei on Sunday.

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 09-17-2011 at 03:51 AM.
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote