MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - World Group Play-offs: Canada at Israel (September 16-18, 2011)

View Single Post

Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 AM   #7
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Group Play-offs: Canada at Israel (September 16-18, 2011)

Some news from Tom Tebbutt, blogging for Tennis Canada:

Quote:
Wednesday’s practice session began early in the afternoon with the worrisome news that Milos Raonic would not be participating. He came to the site but was not feeling well and soon returned to the hotel to get some sleep.

I had a chat with Laurendeau at the dinner and he told me a doctor had checked Raonic and that he had gastroenteritis. “It’s a 24-hour thing and I’m hopeful Milos will be able to play on Friday,” the Canadian captain said.
Quote:
Whoever is Canada’s top player will face the No. 2 Israeli, No. 182-ranked Amir Weintraub on Friday. At one point today I was speaking to someone inside the Israeli tennis scene and asked about the 25-year-old Weintraub. I was told about him, in slightly fractured English, “he will shake.” I think that meant he will get nervous. But you never know in Davis Cup, unlikely sometimes heroes emerge.

I spoke with someone else who told me that the biggest crowd this weekend will be on Saturday for the doubles because Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram are more popular than Israel’s No. 1 singles player, the No. 96-ranked Dudi Sela.

Two of Israel’s more famous players, Amos Mansdorf and Shlomo Glickstein, were at the dinner. Glickstein said tennis is not that popular in Israel and that the stadium may only be about half-filled this weekend.
Story
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote