MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How it will be in US Open 2011 August 29-September11?

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #36
country flag dereky

dereky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How it will be in US Open 2011 August 29-September11?

I think he played much better than expected. Too bad he lost the 1st set. Then of course he kind of gave up in the second set, but came back to fight strongly in 3rd set. I think even if he won the 1st set, Nadal would still come back to win it in 4 sets. Too bad Nalby is playing against someone who hardly makes unforced errors.

I am just wondering if Nalby's opponent yesterday was Federer, he might have caused an upset or lost in tight 5 sets.

I hope he will NOT suffer from another injury again + will take care of his body. The 3 matches at US open would help him get used to playing 5-set matches and get ready for Davis Cup.

And with his rankings outside the top 70, he is now not eligible to play those Masters Cup events (unless he asked for wildcards, but I hope he wont), and he virtually has no chance in these events. I hope he would play those smaller Asian hard courts + European indoor tournaments, so as to get more match practice + climb up the rankings + be prepared for 2012.

I really hope he could finally play a full-time schedule in 2012 (first time to be 100% healthy since 2007?) and does better in GS. Can't believe he lasted reached a Grand Slam QF in 2006 French, and last reached the 4th round in 2007 French...
dereky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote