MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Vasek Pospisil

Thread: Vasek Pospisil
View Single Post

Old 09-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #512
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

If he manages to make main draw in Kuala Lumpur (250) / Tokyo (500), now that would be a perfect set of pro tennis tour.

# Pospisil impressive in grand slam debut by Tom Tebbutt 09/01/2011

[...] While I couldn't find Pospisil when I went looking for him, I did have a conversation with Canadian Davis Cup captain Martin Laurendeau, who was understandably pleased with the No. 143-ranked Pospisil's play against the No. 122-ranked Zemlja.

"I didn't know what to expect because, after playing well in the qualies, Vasek had four days off," Laurendeau said. "It was a long break and he had to start up the machine again, but he was really sharp right from the start. "He played a perfect match. The other guy was a little off but he never gave him a chance to get into the match. He's been playing well all summer."

I asked Laurendeau what Pospisil had done best and he replied, "he served better than in the qualifying and I thought he was a lot calmer, more poised and in control of his emotions. "You never know in the first round here. Milos (Raonic) in the first round last year (against Aussie Carsten Ball), he had been relatively calm in the qualies and in then in the first round he was really uptight. Vasek was the opposite, he was very anxious because he really wanted to qualify. But he was actually calmer in the main draw and it allowed him to play good, intelligent tennis." [...]

# USO R2: Photos | Video | Post match interview | On the practice court
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote