MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles & interviews

View Single Post

Old 08-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #794
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & interviews

http://cornedbeefhash.wordpress.com/...ste-of-tennis/

Our leading man, Gilles Simon, above, worked the green carpet longer than anyone else, happily obliging to speak with every single reporter and blogger (and there were plenty of us!) along his way.

TSF: Whatís been the most surprising thing about year one of fatherhood? Hardest?
Gilles Simon: Well, itís not surprising because I wanted it. [Smiling.] The mother, she is fabulous. When I have a match and the baby is crying in the night, I donít wake up, she will always do that. For me, I just have the good things during a tournament: I get to enjoy him and when I donít win a match he makes me smile because he is always happy to see [me]. I tend to forget about tennis around him.

TSF: Are you guys always traveling as a unit?
GS: We are not always together. But when we are, the mother helps me a lot ó she is very patient. I try to have them with me as much as possible, of course.

TSF: Whatís one thing you love about coming to New York?
GS: I am from Paris so shopping is not a big deal here. [Smiling.] Itís just being here. You cannot see this city anywhere else in the world. Nothing is the same. At night, sometimes it is too much for me, but itís only two weeks. I can do that. I really enjoy traveling in different parts of the world. New York? You canít find it anywhere else.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote