MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Johnny Groove #6 seed in Fort Lauderdale this weekend

View Single Post

Old 08-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #107
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My tennis career. Over before it begins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I wish you all the best with that project.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
your transfering to FAU? Juan Bolona who was playing here at Clemson recently went to the UCF team.

you could try to get the team manager job at FAU. You could help out the team and get paid as well as getting a foot into the door in the world of tennis management. Plus you would be allowed to play with the team sometimes as well.
Now this is a good idea, thanks for it, Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Jon!
Thank you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
give tennis lessons for a boost in cash. I do it for the summer and then stop in winter. You have the luxury of doing it all year round.
This is a possibility. I gotta make it work timewise though. I am taking 3 classes as well this semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Jon

Work as a tennis instructor to pay your coach! that way you can do what you love and get paid for it
It could happen, Nat, I am currently exploring all possible options

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
How much are we talking about here roughly?
Roughly $500-$1000 per month I am short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Shame that you might have to hang up your rackets. Best of luck to you and I hope you get the money issues sorted out.

Having said that, don't be too upset if you "have to" start working a "normal" job. Honestly I think that pro sports is a very difficult field to make a decent living especially considering that careers tend to be quite short and many pros are left with very little career opportunities after their active careers are over. Working hard at a normal job will get you promoted eventually and combine that with smart investment decisions, you can be very well off later in life .

I very much hope you make it, I'm just saying that the alternative isn't really that bad .
Well thank you for the other side of the story, Lopez, if I do have to end up giving up the dream, I'll survive. It is the starving kids in Africa who have the real problems. Really gives me perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
This. Great post.

Money issues are annoying but happen to everyone, just keep your head up and work just as hard and maybe you'll catch a break. And if it doesn't work out, you can always try and stay involved in the sport, maybe through coaching or writing about it... god knows we need more tennis journalists that know what they're talking about
My plan is to play for 10 years and then coach and/or commentate and/or write about tennis. This game is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i have seen jonathan hit. he has sound mechanics.

could be a great tennis instructor at a high school level.
It could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
This is sad news, dude. Anyway, money doesn't make you happy. Believe me. It's your relationships to women which makes you happy. However, you need to continue to fight.
Thanks Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Maybe bad gambler is going to invest in you
Now that would make my fucking year!

I have talked to my coach, the last thing he wants to see is me ending it. He is a tough Romanian guy who has suffered all kinds of shit in his life, and I could see the tears welling up in his eyes as he spoke to me this morning, mate. He wants to do all he can to make this work.

Thank you for the support, everyone.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote