MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #135
country flag V.H.

V.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
I think this is wrong; despite the fact the ATP website agrees with it. The 2009 version of the ATP media guide is confused on this: it gives Cash's total as 7 titles on one page, but only 6 on another, omitting '83 Melbourne.

If you look at the ATP website, the '83 Melbourne draw is just a messed-up version of the '82 draw; at first glance it seems different, but only because the matches are in a different order: the scores of all matches are identical.

Anyone know anything more about this? Is there just a mistake in the draw webpage, or was there no '83 Melbourne tournament? Which page of the ATP guide is correct?
You're right, it is wrong. I also noticed this during my work. It's hard whether it was actually meant to be a '82 or '83 tournament, but the Media Guide says '82. I guess the made a mistake since the tournament was played during new-year it was double-counted for both years.
V.H. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote