MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The dilemma of being too good for challengers and not good enough at the ATP level.

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #111
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dilemma of being too good for challengers and not good enough at the ATP leve

At the same time, some challenger wins carry the same amount of points as ATP 250 F results. Making the third round of a major is the same as winning a 50 K event. Win 3 of those and do well in a couple others and you'll be in the top 100. Some guys are expert at taking advantage of this, it's why Berlocq has made the top 100 each time he's been dropped from the ATP tour after struggling. Eventually players have to prove they can hang at the top level or they wont last, so I don't think it's that big a deal.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote