MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

View Single Post

Old 08-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #752
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This should be the ATP calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobama View Post
Figured you'd say that. What tournaments, besides, say, Houston do the Americans play in NA during the spring clay season? I'd maybe grant your point if they were playing on hard courts in NA while the rest of the tour was in Europe playing on clay.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the US Open Series.
No, you are changing the goalposts. There are too many hardcourt events which is obvious considering it's the dominant surface on tour, there don't need to be anymore.

The time thing refers to Americans besides Isner not coming over to Europe for a proper clay season, they say apart from the surface, they don't want to be away from the US for that long, fair enough if they want to use that. As it stands, the ATP don't have the best interests of the game at heart.

Considering the clay events before RG aren't in danger and market themselves, well apart from Madrid then there isn't the massive marketing need unlike the US Open series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
because you have a heart would like to play for your country...? yeah... i know... what a crazy thought...
If you disagree with Munza then you are in a good place.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote