MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

View Single Post

Old 07-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #264
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile View Post
If you are talking about them risking something financially by entering challengers and not getting hospitality, they are actually not risking anything, as are both AIS players and are fully funded.
You are correct, both are fully supported by Tennis Australia but I don't think that is the correct message to be sending to our juniors coming through that they always have a safe net to fall back on if they can't get into the main draw of a tournament. The professional tour is rough and I feel a reason why some of our best juniors can't get through to the next level is because Tennis Australia is always there to catch them when they fall(there are lots of other reasons too). Once a player stops performing TA pulls funding and the players find out just how tough the tour really is. Dustin Brown would be a good example of a player who really earned his right to play tennis at the highest level, if you don't know what I'm talking about Google his story.

The goal is that we want our players to actually be able to fund themselves so TA can give another player funding and our player pool will grow. Although the results warrant a move upwards in competition it is not necessarily the best thing for the player's future or Tennis Australia. Just my opinion but I think my points are pretty valid. Anyway Ben won a close three setter against Goodall in that future and is now in the semis where he takes on the number 1 seed.

Last edited by Matchu : 07-29-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote