MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

View Single Post

Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #257
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

Ben is the forth seed in a British future this week on hard courts. He has progressed to the quarterfinals so far without dropping a set. Plays the 8th seed Josh Goodall next which could be tough but I would expect Ben to win. A semifinal appearance would see Ben move into the 360s, a runner up would see him move to 354 and a win this week would see Ben move to about 333. Even with a win this week Ben would still be about another future title away from the top 300 so hopefully he carries his current form (7 match winning streak) on for a little bit longer so when he returns to Australia he will be seeded highly and have a good chance of picking up a title or two. Same goes for Duckworth but he won't be playing for at least another two weeks anyway.

Also I know I keep mentioning it and no seems to really care but if Ben was to win this week he'll be just two points behind James Duckworth and will have a chance (if he plays next week) to snatch that number 2 Aussie '92 spot back from Ducky. I think there is no doubt that these two (Duckworth and Mitchell) are pushing each other and getting the best out of each other. A lot of it probably has to do with being born in '92 just like Bernard, although Tomic seems to be light years ahead of these two at the moment.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote