MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Erik Chvojka

Thread: Erik Chvojka
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #50
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Erik Chvojka

Lexington, KY (July 18) – The men’s main draw just started late Monday afternoon and suddenly one of the most colorful players in Lexington Challenger history – Bosnian Amer Delic (’06 runner-up) was gone in a flash. Only there was no flash or dash in the game of the No. 8 seed, who fell to Canada’s Erik Chvojka 7-5, 7-6 (4). Tuesday’s first Big Blue Night feature (approx. 7:20) promises to have lots of sizzle – certainly in the stands – as Kentucky Wildcat star Eric Quigley faces Tennessee’s top returning Vol, Rhyne Williams, the ’11 NCAA runner-up.

Chvojka (it’s Czech, pronounced VOIKA) was well aware that Delic has been battling back up the ladder the last couple of years...and standing fairly still at No. 246. But, he also knew the 2003 NCAA champ (Illinois) had a big game that carried him to No. 60 in the world in ’07. “This is one of my very good wins...Delic’s still a big name,” said the Montreal native.

“I played solid enough and I knew I had to serve well, because (Delic) has a big one,” said Chvojka, who was especially pleased with tiebreaker service. “To get to that next level, I need to play more tournaments of this caliber...and play guys like Delic.” Chvojka previously has reached two semis at the $50K level, a pair of Challengers in Canada. To do that this week, he must beat the winner of Tuesday’s second evening feature between UK’s Alex Musialek and Nicholas Monroe. Probably looming in the quarter-finals would be top-seeded James Ward of Great Britain, who finished off France’s Mathieu Rodrigues 6-2, 6-2.