MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Auf gehts Juan Carlos in Stuttgart!

View Single Post

Old 07-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #242
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auf gehts Juan Carlos in Stuttgart!

Merci, Fisico!

His remarks about retiring in Valencia this year was completely hypothetical in my understanding, that he would have to do so ONLY IF his fitness level didn't improve.
Now he's fit again and has won a tournament, I think the retirement talk is out of picture!

Still it's reassuring to hear in his own words that he is motivated to continue for 2 or 3 more years.
The only concern is that he is still scheduled to play two more tournaments in a row, Hamburg and Umag. I remember his knee pain worsened during his three-week run in Costa do Saoipe, Buenos Aires and Acapulco last year. But he seems to be aware of the danger of play too many tournaments, so I hope he'll take it easy and won't push himself too hard.

Btw, his ranking has recovered from #85 to #64. He will have to defend 250 points in Umag, so it's great he's already earned as many points!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote