MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup thread

View Single Post

Old 07-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #55
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup thread

Yay for Japan team!

Soeda beat Istoyanov in the 5th rubber so they won 4-1.

Kei serving for the match:

Japan beat Uzbekistan in Davis Cup
(AFP) – 5 hours ago

KOBE, Japan — Japanese ace Kei Nishikori defeated Denis Istomin to take an insurmountable 3-1 lead over Uzbekistan to reach a play-off for the Davis Cup World Group.

Nishikori, who also won the first singles and doubles matches, on Sunday scored a 6-7 (5/7), 7-5, 6-4, 6-3 victory in the best-of-five contest of the Asia-Oceania zone Group One second round tie.

Nishikori was ranked 50th against Istomin's 68th this week.

Istomin gave Uzbekistan a kickstart beating Tatsuma Ito in the opener on Friday, but Farrukh Dustov abandoned the second singles match to Nishikori due to dehydration before Nishikori and Go Soeda won the doubles on Saturday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yep. Dustov retired due to dehydration on Friday.
Apparently it was very humid inside the stadium so it was tough both for the players as well as the crowd. Reportedly Kei also was close to suffering heat stroke in and indoor stadium. The humidity was 80% inside (!!) and Kei changed shirts 7 or 8 times.
As much as I am happy about Japan's victory, I think it was awful for both countries. I guess the JTA chose a venue that is far enough from the Fukushima nuclear plant, but there are cooler places in Japan too, like Hokkaido or in some mountain resorts. :donno:

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote