MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Is the roof on Centre Court an overall positive?

View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #11
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the roof on Centre Court an overall positive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesh222 View Post
The vibe may not be perfect, but at least the matches happen.
And when were they ever not able to finish the tournament because of the weather? Right, didn't happen. It might took til monday, a whopping 1 day delay, but Wimbledon is an outdoor tournament, and it should stay that way.

I kind of like the charm of the rain delay, it makes matches extra special, provides epic momentum shifts (Henman-Ivanisevic, Nadal-Federer 08), and it just isn't Wimbledon without this for me.

Obviously it sucks for the people in the stands, and that's why I fully understand why they've done it, but still... I'm not quite sure if it was the right decision.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote