MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - WIMBLEDON 2011: Re-welcome back Fernando

View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #10
country flag Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WIMBLEDON 2011: Re-welcome back Fernando

Hey everyone =]

I was lucky enough to be front row watching Fena play on Tuesday, and thought you guys might like a little bit of it so i have posted some photos in the pics forum.

It was great to see him in action, a real dream come true for me, and he really put on a good show on the court. His opponent, Dolgopolov, is a good player also and after a slightly nervous start from both players, they quickly settled into a high quality match.

Gonzo was playing really beautiful grass court tennis, using the backhand slice to give himself time, serving powerfully and hitting amazing winners with the legendary forehand. The forehand was brilliant to watch, so powerfull and it seemed to never miss! Considering he is so well known for his attacking style, i was really impressed with how well he was defending, chasing down Dolgopolov's spectacular and unpredictable shots. He seemed to be in control the whole match, the second set tie-break only narrowly slipping away from him, other than that he was dominating the longer points and using his experience to out-smart Dolgopolov.

I was most impressed with his personality though, he has had many matches where he has smashed rackets and lost his temper, always putting on a show which can be great entertainment. But the only show he put on on Tuesday was one of great tennis, playing classic grass court game. He was also really appreciative of the cheers of support he was getting from the large crowd that had gathered round such a small court, smiling and nodding his appreciation of the more vocal fans.

All in all it was great to see one of my favourite players back on the tour, and in good form, and something that i never thought i would be lucky enough to see.

So here's hoping he has a good tournament =]

Mephi x
Mephistopheles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote