MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Canadian Players 2

View Single Post

Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #1480
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Players 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Sucks that only one Canadian made it to the final round of qualifying. I wouldn't expect Vasek to reach the final of the qualifying rounds, but Peter really should have made it if he wasn't in a slump. Pete is more experienced and should have reached the MD, or at at least the final qualifying round. The fact that a newcomer (Vasek) won one match more than the experienced Peter is kinda.. sad. I mean, it's good for Vasek of course, but it's sad to see what kind of state Peter is in. The slump is really bad, and it just doesn't seem to change.. unfortunately
This is not a fair comparison. Vasek played a clay courter with no grass skills - Peter played an up and coming player who should figure out how to play on all surfaces and is a top 100 player. Vasek wouldn't have beaten Schoorel by all accounts and lost in straights to a more experienced player whereas Peter had the match on his racket. Even had Peter won though, would have been in tough against Guccione. I think its logical neither made it, but the difficulty of their first round opponents was far different.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote