MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Expenses and life on tour (Amir Weintraub's blog, Tursunov's interview June 2013)

View Single Post

Old 05-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #140
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New blog post (135#) (22/5/11) Clay and I - by Amir Weintraub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Thanks for the translation once again, Or. Very interesting, as always.

Sad to hear the mental state Amir is in. Sounds like he needs a mentor or someone to help him think things through in a different way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
Why do you sau "the mental state Amir is in"? Sounds to me that he took a perfectiy pragmatic decision not to play clay, especially since he is in no position to practice for it.

Good to get this update
i think gonzil is referring to the effect that the variable of 'point collecting' can have on performance... it is an undesirable variable that adds unneeded mental and often emotional pressure to the tour grind...

it is no secret that players perform better when they being bankrolled by a sponsor... they can find a cloudless, clarity of thought that aides focus on high performance alone without the spectre of not knowing safety in the near future... aka freedom, lack of fear

though, developing an ability to get past the worry, and being able to find that clarity and focus on performance alone will make you a stronger player mentally - it is just the scenic route, and potentially, a much longer road...

everyone is different, but having worked with someone at a level similar level to where amir is at now, de-clouding the mind was a matter of finding why the player was holding the racquet in the first place... ie; rediscovering the most simple thing - a pure love for the game thereby allowing competition to turn you on and not turn you off... rediscovering the simplest joy of feeling the ball upon the strings for that single fraction of a second, finding a way to enjoy the challenge posed...

i might be totally f**king wrong about what gonzil meant tho...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote