MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Johnny Groove Tennis Career

View Single Post

Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Johnny Groove Tennis Career

So, I have finally stopped wasting my time smoking weed, drinking, and...keeping myself busy

On Monday, May 2, I had my final exam in college in the morning, packed up all my shit, said my final goodbyes, smoked a last fat blunt, and drove down to South Florida.

From Tuesday the 3rd until the present, I have been training 5-6 hours per day. I am training with Mike Dumitru, a Romanian coach who worked with the Romanian Davis Cup team back in the day. He trained with Ilie Nastase, Ion Tiriac, and Andrei Pavel among others.

I've been working mad hard, and my game has completely been reformed. He told me I have made improvements in one week that most other players don't make for 3-5 months. He has also told me that top 100 in the world in 2 years is a very realistic possibility.

I've been working on running lower, bending the knees and exploding into each shot, throwing the ball higher on serve, and jumping very high into the ball.

Sure I have much much work to do, especially on fitness, volleys, overheads, working with targets, etc. etc., but I am very excited about the future

Speaking of future, I am planning to play the June 20 Future and June 27 Future, both in Florida.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose

Last edited by Johnny Groove : 07-07-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote