MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping #18a - Prague - Congratulations Dmitry Bond and karo_em9 / vmbf

View Single Post

Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #235
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #18a - Prague - Congratulations Dmitry Bond and karo_em9 / vmbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well jazar was extremely unlucky there that Bogomolov didn't stay out there and play four more points and take the loss

Lousy to retire when trailing 67 25 in my opinion, but the rules are that if there's a retirement the SRs don't count, so it goes to countback and Dmitry Bond takes it on CB - Congratulations.

The Doubles result was fortunately more straightforward - congratulations to karo_em9 and vmbf and back luck acionescu and Ilovetheblues_86.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
that was really unlucky for jazar
I guess I can't really complain though. I mean I did win a match earlier in the tournament on countback.

Really, retiring when your opponent is on the verge of victory is incredibly poor sportsmanship. If Rosol was serving at 5-2, all Bogomolov had to do was let him hit four aces. If Bogomolov was serving all he had to do was put the ball in the service box and let Rosol hit four winners past him. Unless he physically couldn't move, there's no excuse. It's just disrespectful to your opponent.

Thanks to everyone wishing me commiserations.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote