MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gonzo Articles and News

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Fernando Gonzalez: "I'm different, because I'm more rapid and I improved the attack"

There is one before and one later in Fernando's Gonzalez career. This that fell down in a slight existential crisis after be illuminating in the Olympic Games of Athens and other one that now takes a squall of seven victories. Installed with property in the third round of Australian Open, the new number one of Chile extracts his conclusions of this change, the same one that comes proclaiming his coach, Horacio de la Peña.

But Fernando wants to think it calmly, because one doesn't forget that he was on the verge of performance remained out of the first Grand Slam of the season due to his problems before the Argentinian Jose Acasuso. Of all forms, he rescues of this "fright" a very positive fact: "To win Jose gave to me confidence... They were different days, because in the first one I was near losing and now I conquered coolly Igor (Andreev). It's rescatable ".

Gonzalez assures that he has had technical changes in the latter time, thanks to the good pretemporada that he did in Chile.

"I'm different, because I'm more rapid and now I improved the game of attack... It has helped me enough. I expect to support the level ", he comments.

The Chilean emphasizes that this change has a base: "I Have another trainer (he changed the Brazilian Fernando Cao into Carlos Burgos) that is all the time with me and that said to me that I had to lose weight ". Not for nothing, Gonzalez can say today that he lowered four kilos for the beginning of season, which has allowed him to become exhausted less and to be more light.

"The decision to change (the trainer) was the suitable one, because I feel much better and now it is necessary to support ".

Nalbandian in the way

The Chilean will have now a obstacle of major renown. His rival will be the Argentinian David Nalbandian, ninth in the System of Entry. "He is a very hard player, but if I continue playing this way, I believe that I have options to advance".

This opponent is specially complicated for Gonzalez, because in five confrontations only he won one, though the last one to be imposed was the Chilean.

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote