MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Vasek Pospisil

Thread: Vasek Pospisil
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #43
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

I am not sure it is fair to say that Vasek hasn't had the support of Tennis Canada. My sense was that for a long time he chose to go his own way with his father as coach (you have to believe he could have joined the NTC when it opened, if he had wanted to). Vasek was invited early on to the Davis Cup team. At a certain point he got displaced by Milos, but in retrospect, that was probably a fair decision, based on type of game and also mental suitability for playing important matches (Vasek has shown some tendency to falter when he gets close to the finish line).

Tennis Canada has been trying to encourage young players to make a base in Montreal. Milos and Rebecca went along with that, but maybe it didn't suit Vasek. Now it seems like he is at least spending a good bit of time there.

In short, I am suggesting that maybe it is Vasek changing his thinking, more than Tennis Canada.

Anyway, great week for Vasek. Hopefully this will inspire him for a productive tour in Korea.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote