MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Vasek Pospisil

Thread: Vasek Pospisil
View Single Post

Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek Pospisil: "Objective Top-100 in two years .." October 15, 2009

(via GoogleT) After the last chapter of Scofield's Corner, where Fabio Colangelo focused on the players and the Canadian federation, we publish an interesting interview with Vasek Posispil, nineteen of Vernon, winner of two consecutive futures on the Italian cement ATP and currently number 440. Pospisil, along with Raonic, represents the present and the future of Canadian tennis movement. Come to learn more about the giant (193 cm) Canadian ..

Interview with Alessandro Nizegorodcew

Vasek Then, we start from the beginning and your story. How did you get to the tennis?
"I started playing tennis at age 5 in Vernon, the home town to me. My father and my older brother taught me to play. My father was my first coach then and still is today. "

Tell us about your first experience at a competitive level and the approach to professional tennis ..
"I almost immediately started playing tournaments at the age of 6 years. A level under 12 have been among the top 5 players in the world. Unfortunately the following year, at age 13, I got injured knee and back. I was stopped almost two years. The Canadian federation I've always been very close, although for almost two years I had not touched the racquet, I must say that even more have helped me over the past two years, supported in every way. "

What is your style of play?
"My tennis is aggressive. I try to keep the reins in his hand and exchange as soon as I try to close the point at the net. I rely a lot on the traditional pattern service and right, while I still have to work hard on the backhand, a shot on which I am still not sure. I am inspired by the greatest of all. Roger Federer is absolutely amazing .. "

In Italy you have won two consecutive futures on the concrete, in Alghero and Quartu Sant Elena. what can you say about these two fantastic weeks?
"It was definitely my best tournament of the year. Among other things I really love Italy and the tournaments that are held there for you. I played very often in Italy during the junior tournaments. I really like people and I love pizza! "

What is your opinion on the first part of your season?
"I came firmly into the world of professional tennis. I'm improving day by day. In addition to two victories in Italy, I won a final and two semi-finals in the U.S. futures in Canada and Mexico. "

What are the goals for 2010?
"The goal for the end of 2010 is certainly the one to enter the top 300 of the world. The idea would be to achieve top-100 in two years and then possibly the top-10. It would be really great .. "

Thanks Vasek and good luck ..
"Thank you, I hope to return soon to play in Italy. Greetings to all readers .. "
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote