MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #2034
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
It seems to me what you're saying here is that Rush can't be prog because they're Canadian, whereas all the other great prog bands you mentioned are British, as they (Rush) certainly fall within the stylistic and temporal boundaries. In my opinion, at least. You probably disagree.
No it's not because they're Canadian. It's because stylistically the have more in common with Led Zeppelin than anything progressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Hey, Gu - in contrary to you, I just happen to appreciate the new generation of proggers trying their best. From your comments, I can't conclude otherwise than that you've NEVER even tried to listen to bands like Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Riverside, Anathema, Oceansize, The Pineapple Thief, Anekdoten, Hypnos69, et al. And many more....

My question to you, have you EVER even heard anything of their music at all?
I have. They're boring and derivative to me, when they're not pure musical masturbation.

If I wanted to listen to Genesis-like music, I'd listen to Genesis. The same applies to other neoprog bands.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote