MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The dilemma of being too good for challengers and not good enough at the ATP level.

View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #35
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dilemma of being too good for challengers and not good enough at the ATP leve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
I think there should be more points for wins in qualies. It pains me to see guys who have the balls to try and qualify for bigger events end up with nothing while the guys who never bother can pick up easy points in challengers.
indeed... the women's tour actually does offer that, one facet of that tour that i always had me wondereding why the atp didnt copy - seeing as though you want to encourage higher quality fields at your showpiece events...

when they changed the points weighting, i dont think there was much research into what the changes would do... it seemed more like: ok, we're having a facelift, the gold and silver colours are nice, not sure how it'll affect the rankings tho... dusn matter, cos it looks ace
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote