MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The dilemma of being too good for challengers and not good enough at the ATP level.

View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #33
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dilemma of being too good for challengers and not good enough at the ATP leve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
that's an awful idea.

current system is mostly fine although can be a bit weighted in favour of challengers.

I think there should be more points for wins in qualies. It pains me to see guys who have the balls to try and qualify for bigger events end up with nothing while the guys who never bother can pick up easy points in challengers.

I have done zero analysis on this but qualie draws seem to be getting weaker and weaker and it's not surprising with the way points are weighted.
It's an excellent idea because it makes the ranking spots between challenger level and tour level the most red hot in the whole ATP.

Qualies are bullshit in the first place.