MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Longest winning and losing streaks of active players. Must be tour level and 10+

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #33
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Longest winning and losing streaks of active players. Must be tour level and 8+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Nole will beat Rafa's streak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLE 107 View Post
Hopefully Nole will surpass Rafa's streak. He just needs to win Nole Open and a final in Madrid.
Yep. By withdrawing from Monte Carlo it is now beyond Nadal's control.

Djokovic: win Belgrade (streak = 30), quarter-finals Madrid (streak = 32, tied with Nadal), so all he has to do is make the semi-finals of Madrid and win Belgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
So a player can only appear once in the list with their longest streak?

Ferrero I believe had another 14 match streak last year anyhow.
Yes, players can only appear once on the list. If they have two streaks the same size, then their most recent year is given (see Youzhny). Otherwise Nadal and Federer would dominate the list too much in my opinion. Nadal only would be in 19 times (quick count) and Federer even more than that I think.