MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - There is no finish line...

View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #89
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanKowalski View Post
Hi

I'm interested in some records. I know Roger holds the record for most consecutive weeks at No. 1. Does he also hold the record for consecutive weeks inside the top2, top3, top5, top10?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Lol, should've read the last post. I guess that leaves only top5 and top10, anyone knows what the records are?
Going back through the years, much of the rankings records are incomplete. That is what makes it so hard to ascertain how long some players like Connors or Lendl have spent within a particular ranking range. I'll give it a try, though I expect as of now Roger is quite some way behind as far as consecutive weeks in the top 5 and top 10 go.

It might interest you to know that out of all currently active players, Federer is second for having the most consecutive weeks in the top 100 (Ljubicic entered one week before him and they have both remained there since).