MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Indian Wells - BNP Paribas Open - 2011

View Single Post

Old 03-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #38
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells - BNP Paribas Open - 2011

Here's a report from someone who was at the match:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I did spent sometime in court 4 before Nole's match to scout his opponent. Gulbis vs Lu. This is one crazy match and both players managed to lose focus for no obvious reason. I was there half way thru the first set. Lu was solid and Gulbis was UE machine especially in TB where Lu won. More or less the same at the beginning of 2nd set. At 2-2 30-0 Lu, Gulbis for no special reason, broke his racquet and got a warning. Both players did not do anything on return until 3-4 Gulbis serve. He was 15-30, served a DF and then Lu's return clipped the baseline. I thought that's it for Gulbis because Lu had been solid the whole match. It seemed that Lu did not expect to win vs Gulbis and just horror after horror while serving for the match and was broken at love, twice. After 12 consecutive points by Gulbis, he was to serve for the set at 6-5 and guess what, Ernie lost his service game at love. It's a really, really bad and even I lost focus at the match. Another error fest TB and Ernie managed to win it. I left as Nole's match was about to start.

Anyway, unless Ernie improves tremendously in 2 days, it will be another match like tonight's.