MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2011 Indoor Championships

View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #6
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 Indoor Championships

sorry for the lack of updates but I have been in Charleston since Sunday with no internet.

Virginia routs Tennessee 4-0

This is a scary result for the rest of the country. there is a ton of season left and UVA is always better indoors but it is clear that this year it is UVA and everyone else is a 2nd class citizen. It would be a major failure if Virginia finds a way to go home from palo Alto without the title.

The pummeling of a very good Tennessee team began in doubles. Tennessee had won 22 straight doubles point dating back to last year when they lost to Mississippi State in doubles. Jenkins/Singh and Courtney/Rooda pulled out very close tiebreak victories to give Virginia a crucial 1-0 lead.

Then the slaughter commenced.

Shabaz ripped apart Williams at #1 6-2 6-2
Domijian cruised past JP Smith 6-2 6-4 (there is a good chance that Domijian could go undefeated in dual matches this year)
Jenkins railed fago 6-1 6-1 to finish the 4-0 beatdown
Singh was on his way to winning as well

UVA was dominant all tournament. Was never really in serious trouble. Washington gave them the stiffest test, but they still won 4-1.

Impressive

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote