MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ferrer Video o DVD matches

View Single Post

Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #88
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrer Video o DVD matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol96 View Post
Hmmm, so that's 3 academies in the Communitat Valenciana alone: this one of David's in Javea, Juan Carlos's Equelite and TenisVal in Valencia (where David practices or certainly used to) - no wonder they have an Armarda!

I'd be interested to know if Javi F also still runs the CT de los Pinos in Javea. I suppose the emphasis is different: one's an academy, the other is a club for amateur players, so no reason why he can't wear both hats...

Fascinating news anyway: here are a couple more links for info:

http://www.impersport.com/noticias/8...-en-xabia.html

http://escuelatenisferrer.com/index.php?pagina=home

I wonder if this will be what David does after retiring from the tour (a long time in the future hopefully): bringing on young hopefuls like Raonic.

And David Ferrer can sell me a swimming pool any day - especially if he demonstrates the features

Thanks for those links Carol. So his Academy started up last October and is actually part of the Club de Tenis Xabia. He followed that momentous academy opening with a win in the Valencia tournament! What a busy, exciting time for him. Glad to see his Academy is offering scholarships for kids for training in Spain and in the US. He's learned a lot from Juan Carlos and it helps that he does a fair amount of reading himself. I read somewhere (his forum?) that one of the last books he read was "Maurinho versus Guardiola", a book not only about football coaching but about business and leadership practices. I'm telling you (as you already know) that there's more to this guy than just his looks and his athleticism.
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote