MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - US Winter HC season: Delray Beach once more!

View Single Post

Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 AM   #24
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei is seeded! US Winter HC season starts in San Jose

Kei and Berankis lost in doublce 2-6 2-6.
Berankis had a long match vs Donald Young on the same day so the schedule was a tough one for him!

I watched Kei's R1 match on TV yesterday, and was impressed by Kei's taking the ball early---much earlier than before---and the accuracy and power of hitting FH down the line and angled BH. The second set was more up and down, the momentum shifted back and forth, with Hajek playing with more power and determination.
A bit concerned that Kei was shaking his right arm a few times, and he was apparently rubbing the arm too (which was cut from the TV coverage. ). But he didn't ask for a trainer so maybe it's nothing serious, or so I hope.
In his blog he wrote that he was actually quite nervous going into the first set but managed to play very well. It was after Hajek broke back in the second set that the going got tough as by then Hajek was not making mistakes and Kei thinks he became a bit too defensive.

According to commentators the problem he had last week was another stomach bug and he's been fine this week, so that's a relief.
Wish him good luck in R1 today!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote