MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Todd Martin with Djokovic: The worst coaching stint in tennis history?

View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #27
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todd Martin with Djokovic: The worst coaching stint in tennis history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Did Martin make Djokovic start pushing his forehand as well?

Djok had a big loss of confidence. Don't know how you can blame Martin for that. Marian Vajda is Novak's coach and has been since 2005 or whenever it was Piatti cut him loose.

It was all those defeats to Nadal in 08 that hit his confidence. Getting smoked in RG after playing him tight in hamburg, then losing the marathons in Queens and the Olympics. Djok didn't see that coming after he took the Aus Open and it hurt him.
I don't know really know why Djokovic had confidence issues. His breathing issues may have been peaking at that time.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote