MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~ * ~ The "Welcome to bright Vienna" Erste Bank Open 2011 Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #132
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~ * ~ The "Bienvenido a Santiago Tommy!!!" Movistar Open 2011 Cheering Thread ~ *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2 View Post
It' clear that Fognini acted unprofessionally to say the least. He acted like an animal. But Tommy has a temper and his pride and I think he followed his instinct at the moment by not shaking hands which is what I would have done if I'd been abused an entire match. (if that's really what happened) The real unprofessionalism comes from the tournament referee for not interceding on Tommy's behalf during the match. That is simply unforgiveable. In not doing his job he made Tommy look like the bad one out there for not acknowledging Fognini at the end. And Fognini made it worse for Tommy by pursuing him. Not a good day for Tommy or tennis.

My sense of Tommy is that he has a bit of a stubborn streak about him and will use this to will himself to victory today. He's a pretty tough customer when all is said and done.
I'm glad that he won the match and kept his head! I'm sure he'll use his common sense tonight as well. He's used to hostile environment, so I don't think that the audience against him will change much. I hope he keeps playing good tennis and wins the first tournament of the year!!!