MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Todd Martin with Djokovic: The worst coaching stint in tennis history?

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #20
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todd Martin with Djokovic: The worst coaching stint in tennis history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimentee View Post
Djokovic's problems were caused by the changed service action which Todd Martin wanted him to use. It caused more double faults and a loss of confidence in his game.

Djokovic started playing better once he got the service motion back to normal.

I still maintain that Nole should sue Todd Martin for negligence and loss of earnings over that period.

Correct. The commentators were talking about it at the AO - Todd Martin was instrumental in getting Novak to change his service motion. The result? Number of double faults rose to equal number of balls in.

Conspiracy theory - the moment I heard Martin was coaching Novak my first thought was - Martin will find a way to slow Novak down by screwing him up. Novak was too much of a threat to the Royal #1 & 2.

For awhile it looked like Novak's long time coach Marian Vajda was being forced out. Now that Vajda is back as number one coach - Novak is winning again.
sanshisan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote