MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Quality of tennis players in D-I vs. Other Levels

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
country flag Pigpen Stinks

Pigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quality of tennis players in D-I vs. Other Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
#1 D2 player would probably get crushed by the #125 D1 player. However, D2 & D3 do have some competitive players at good schools such as Johns Hopkins and NYU and others. Some of their recruits could get a D-1 scholarship if they really wanted to.
There are exceptions to this. For example, a few years ago the top player in D2 was a guy that came to the states with an ATP ranking in the 600's. He was plenty good enough to be a very high level D1 player. Sometimes it's easier to slip a guy through at a D2 or NAIA school that may have "questionable" eligibility status.
Pigpen Stinks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote