MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Expenses and life on tour (Amir Weintraub's blog, Tursunov's interview June 2013)

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #44
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life as a tennis pro - Amir Weintraub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambritfan View Post
Amir's a good looking guy. Sort of an interesting mix of Nole, Bellucci and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Anyway, nice insight into the life of.. well lets face it, the majority of tennis players. Nice that he found the time to let us ordinary people know about the rigors of it all. Doesn't sound appealing, but hey tennis isn't just about immensely talented mega stars. It represents the strength and resolve within a person to strive upwards and never look back on and off the court, ploughing through one adversity after another.

These "journeymen" may not have god-given abilities or hordes of fans and admirers, but their determination to fight doggedly for success is far beyond what most people can even imagine.

*Raises fist* All power to these heroes.
There would be no Grand Slams without the hundreds of journeymen that play in the early rounds and qualies. Same goes for most events. I wish there was somehow to improve revenue sharing for these guys. I mean, scrubs in American baseball and the NBA make millions of the dollars, and dont have to pay for their travel - and unlike tennis journeymen they rarely have to play. Oh well, life is unfair I guess...
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote