MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Expenses and life on tour (Amir Weintraub's blog, Tursunov's interview June 2013)

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #20
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life as a tennis pro - Amir Weintraub

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
there are many guys like amir. with stories like this one tends to feel sorry for the lad and make you even want to pull for him in the tournies he plays. however, why pull for him in particular when there are many others in similar circumstances, most likely even the rivals he's playing against?

i don't mean to direct this post to anyone in particular... it's just a thought i wanted to post here.
I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because Amir took the time to write that. The reason why anyone goes for any player (other than those of their nationality or something like that) is usually down to sheer chance. Had some Fed fans started following tennis in 2008 instead of 2004, they might have been Nadal fans instead .
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote