MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Contact Point

Thread: Contact Point
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2005, 12:40 AM   #8
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contact Point

your contact point is always in front. always move into the ball. this is true regardless of what direction you're trying to hit.

the position of your legs and shoulders is what helps you direct the ball crosscourt (shoulders more open; closed or open stance) or down-the-line (left shoulder in front for a right-hander).

the advantage to taking the ball earlier is that you gain some time on your opponent and get back the ball to him/her faster. the timing of the shot has nothing to do with the direction in which you hit it.

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote