Re: What are your 10 tennis wishes for 2011?
1. For Del Potro to regain his form and return to top 10.
2. For Davydenko to show what he can do, one last time.
3. For Federer to reclaim the top ranking for at least a few weeks so he breaks Sampras' record for weeks at #1.
4. That Soderling reaches another Slam final.
5. That Harrison and Nishikori keeps climbing the rankings.
6. That someone other than Nadal wins Roland Garros.
7. That we get at least 2 teenagers in the top 100.
8. That Nalbandian shows consistency and stays healthy.
9. That we get to see some truly memorable 5-setters.
10. That Tipsarevic and De Bakker wins an ATP tour title.
Goodbye, old friend Kolya.
Originally Posted by NY Times
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.
“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”