MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #23
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
There's no challenger during the first week of AO, so I thought we could play a futures tournament (with challenger-like points) for those who don't qualify for AO. It's still tentative though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
I don't think it's a good idea but I guess it's open to debate.
As a matter of interest I looked up the field for the 2010 GB2 Futures and the top 8 were
Ignatik
Desein
Galvani
Goodall
J. Baker
Middelkoop
Patience
Juska.

For comparison the top 8 in Karshi challenger in August were
Kavcic
Kravchuk
Martin
Semjan
Kumantsov
Juska
J Minar
Poch-Gradin.

Not a great deal of difference in strength, in my humble opinion. My main worry would be whether the Futures tournament would provide OOPs and Results in a consistent and timely manner, and the only way of finding out is by giving it a go.

Nothing to lose really - the choice is between having somewhere to play (however dodgy) and taking a week off.

I don't think I'd like to manage it though